By taking the weapon group skill, the character has learned a group weapons instead of just focusing on a single weapon. While the skill is more expensive, the diversity is useful because the character has much more flexibility. Some sample groups are included here.
- Common Swords: Sabers, Long swords, short swords, broad swords, bastard swords.
- Heavy swords: Broad sword, Claymore, Falchion, Great Sword, Nadochi.
- Light Swords: Long swords, short swords, saber, rapier, wakizashi, cane sword.
- Exotic Blades: Scimitar, Falchion, Nadochi, Katana, Wakizashi, Tulwar
- Axes: Wood Axe, Battle Axe, Hatchet, Great axe, Halberd.
- Pole weapons: Staff, pike, spear, naginata, bayonet, all pole-arms.
- Bludgeons: Staff, Light Mace, Heavy Mace, Hammers (non-sledgehammer), Light and Medium Clubs, Crowbar, Cane, Morning star.
- Primitive Set: War Hammer, Hatchet, Spear, Long Spear, Clubs (light and medium), Maces and Morning Stars
- Dwarven Military Set: Battle Axe, Hatchet, War Hammer, Short Sword, Light mace, Bayonet, Short Spear, Pike
- Common Military Set: Light mace, Heavy mace, Short Sword, Long Sword, Footman's Pick, Bayonet, Short Spear, Pike
- Martial Arts Set: Kama, Naginata, Nunchaku, Staff, Chain
- Shou Set: Scimitar, Falchion, Staff, Tulwar, War Claws, Knives and Daggers.
- Woodland Set: Short sword, knives, hand axe, wood axe, spear, staff.